As you can see, I’m all about giving away a FREE digital copy of my book, Dear Hearts, today! Before we get to the “how to” of running an Instragram book giveaway, I’ll let you in on how you can get a free copy of my book!
- Follow me on Instragram.
- Like this picture and tag a fellow bookworm in the comments.
- Repost this picture with the hashtag #dearheartsgiveaway.
- Fill out the form below.
Check out what Dear Hearts is all about here.
What readers are saying:
Ms. Clay also managed to make the essence of this story relatable to the reader audience. My empathy trigger was pulled throughout the story, and I couldn’t help but have a visceral reaction to their emotions and plight. Addiction, abuse, homophobia, and family discord are difficult subjects to tackle – the author handles them in a raw, real, yet readable way. Similar to when someone describes having poison ivy, the listener can’t help but itch, too.
Now for the Nitty Gritty: How to RUn a Book Giveaway on Instagram
Here are a few quick tips to running your own book giveaway on the ‘gram:
- Make sure your book giveaway graphic catches the eye. To pull this off, I use my one true love (beside Cheezits…Sorry, Matt) to get the job done. Canva is a really cool, easy to use online graphic designer. You can use it for just about anything (blog posts, social media, elaborate schemes to trick your Grandmother into getting a tattoo of George Clooney on her back). Important stuff.
- Find the right hashtags. This site is uber helpful. So is a can of spray cheese when you have too many crackers. But we’re not talking about that right now.
- Tag book lovers in the photo. And book haters to show them what they’re missing: spray cheese.
- Set up the giveaway rules so that you can widen your audience/readers/cats. Cat widening is the real issue. Please stay educated, you guys.
- Send out an update about your Instagram giveaway via all of your social media channels. Also via dove. I feel like doves have gotten the short end of the stick here recently.
- Email a few friends to help spread the message. And my mom. She’d love that.
Lastly, it helps if you’ve built up your Instagram a bit as far as followers and pictures go. But really, it’s all about having fun and giving away a great read. And sending your grandmother anonymous directions to the tattoo parlor.
But really, what isn’t?